Trelleborg Sealing Solutions announces that its Turcon® MF6 compound has been listed by NSF International as conforming to the requirements of NSF/ANSI Standard 51 - Food Equipment Materials.
Turcon® MF range is specifically engineered for demanding processing environments
Turcon® MF6 is part of the Turcon® MF range of materials specifically engineered for demanding processing environments, including food and beverage production. Based on ultra-clean technology, these proprietary compounds are manufactured from high-purity PTFE grades and additives. Their smooth finish, with high gloss and low porosity, avoids the risk of contamination buildup and reduces particle shedding. Each batch of MF material is manufactured using high-purity material only and can be issued with a certificate of conformity.
The Turcon® MF PTFE based materials offer:
- Operating temperatures from –200°C /-328°F to +260°C /500°F
- Almost universal chemical compatibility
- Outstanding low long-term compression set characteristics
- High wear resistance
- Minimal creep and permeation
- A surface finish that minimizes contamination risk
- Performance in a broad range of chemical media including organic and inorganic oxides, acids, alkalis, amines, esters and steam
- Compliance to FDA 21 CFR177.1550, 3-A, USP Class VI and NSF/ANSI Standard 51
The materials are available as Turcon® Variseal®, a spring-energized sealing element or in other custom profiles
NSF International helps protect equipment manufacturers and their customers by certifying products worldwide and writing internationally recognized standards for food, water and consumer goods. As an independent, not-for-profit, global organization our ongoing commitment for public health and safety is to encourage everyone to live safer.
Click here:To go to NSF website
To download the Food, Beverage and Pharmaceutical Sealing Solutions brochure