Trelleborg Sealing Solutions launches a complete line of sanitary gaskets, broadening its offering to the food, beverage, pharmaceutical and biotech industries. These gaskets are compatible with the temperature extremes, steam and aggressive chemicals associated with Steam-in-Place (SIP) and Clean-in-Place (CIP) regimes in process industries.
Sanitary gaskets from the new range launched by Trelleborg Sealing Solutions
Sanitary gaskets from Trelleborg Sealing Solutions include:
- Bonded Envelope Gasket - PTFE bonded to an EPDM rubber inner core
- Validation Gasket - Allows the capture of real-time validation data: thermal mapping, meter fluids, withdraw fluid samples and facilitate validation using spore trap challenge test strips
- Biological Gasket - Enables the use of a self-contained biological indicator in a sanitary process line
- Gauge Guard - Isolates hot or caustic media from instrumentation
- ANSI Flange 150# - Ideal for applications where low seating stress is required.
- Smart Tracker - Miniature, battery-powered, stand-alone precision temperature recorder
- Torque Nuts - Control clamp and gasket compression, eliminating over- or under-tightening
- Others Including: standard gaskets, engraved gaskets, John Perry gaskets, clamps, APC fittings, Schedule 5 gaskets, I-Line and Q-Line gaskets, bevel seat gaskets, V²B vent gaskets, sanitary diffuser gaskets, perforated metal gaskets, orifice plate gaskets, sock screen and screen gaskets and controlled compression gaskets
“Process methods used today continue to become more extreme due to the use of super-heated steam and aggressive cleaning chemicals,” said Marty Hugney, Food, Beverage and Pharmaceutical Segment Manager for Trelleborg Sealing Solutions Americas. “This requires the use of more advanced materials and geometries such as PTFE/Stainless Steel material sanitary gaskets and bonded envelope gaskets.”
The range of sanitary gaskets comes in a variety of sizes, including mini, standard, larger and metric, and are available in many different materials. Materials include NBR, EPDM, FKM, PTFE, VMQ, FFKM, PTFE filled with Stainless Steel and sometimes special configurations such as bonded envelope gaskets.
Typical application for sanitary gaskets in wine production
The primary functions of sanitary gaskets are to seal pipe unions and joints in a sanitary fashion so that there is no dead space, but additional functions are also performed. These include process validation, filtration, fluid conditioning, flow control and instrumentation protection.
To download sanitary gasket brochure