Unique Turcon® compounds
Turcon® is the name for the Trelleborg Sealing Solutions range of proprietary PTFE based sealing material.
Inherently, Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) is compatible with almost all chemicals, making it ideal for use in equipment where seals are likely to be exposed to demanding media. Specific operating properties are achieved by the addition of fillers and special processing technologies.
Dynamic and rotating sealing elements
Turcon® sealing materials:
- Give excellent friction and self-lubricating characteristics
- Are suited to dynamic and rotating applications
The world’s largest manufacturer of PTFE based seals
Trelleborg Sealing Solutions is the world’s largest manufacturer of seals in this type of material, and no other sealing supplier can offer such a wide range of grades. All of these are produced at our own facilities in Europe, US, South America and Asia.
Turcon® sealing materials are manufactured in a wide range of different seal geometries. Those listed below are the seal types most commonly used in the semiconductor industry:
- Turcon® Variseal®
- Turcon® Varilip® PDR
- Turcon® Variseal® NW
- Turcon® Variseal® PS™
- Turcon® Variseal® Ultra-Clean™
To select the optimum material for your application use our online tools:
- Material search allows you to identify compounds that meet specific property requirements and those that comply to specific approvals or standards.
- Chemical compatibility check allows you to find the level of resistance of material groups to a broad range of media, both fluids or gases including those used within semiconductor manufacturing.